Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Expressing Hope /Wish and Exercise


          source image : https://www.kompas.com/skola/read/2022/07/26/150000469/hope-and-wish-

EXPRESSING HOPE / WISH

 

UNGKAPAN HARAPAN

 

No.

Expressions of Hope and Wish

Responding Hope and wish

1,

I hope/wish . . .   .

Thank you

2,

Hopefully . . .  .

Thanks so much

3,

I expect. . .  .

Thanks a lot

4,

I am expecting . . .   .

Thanks for your hope/wish

5,

I am hoping/wishing . . .  .

I hope so.

6

Wish me/you luck!/Good luck!/Break a leg!

Thank you/I hope so/thanks.

7.

I hope you win the first prize.

I hope so too, Ma’am. I’ll do my best

 

e.g. ( Contoh )

1.    Next month, I will have English competition. Hopefully I will win the first price. ( Bulan depan, saya akan mengikuti lomba bahasa Inggris. Saya Berharap saya akan menang juara pertama )

2.    We wish you could come to my party tonight. ( kami berharap kamu bisa datang ke pestaku malam ini)

3.    I heard you get the best score in the final exam. I hope you will be the best student this year. ( Saya dengar kamu mendapatkan nilai tertinggi di ujian akhir. Saya berharap kamu akan menjadi siswa terbaik tahun ini. )

4.    Our school candidate, Muadz, win the competition. We expect he wins the next round too. ( Calon sekolah kita, Muadz, memenangkan perlombaan. Kami berharap dia menang di putaran selanjutnya. )

5.    He is expecting she will like this flower. ( Dia berharap dia akan menyukai bunga ini )

6.    I hope to be a millionaire by the time I am forty. ( Saya Berharap menjadi seorang milyuner ketika umurku empat puluh tahun )

v  Summary (Rangkuman)

             We use hope and wishes expressions when we want someone to do something or getting something better. ( Kita menggunakan ungkapan hope dan wishes ketika kita ingin seseorang melakukan sesuatu atau mendapatkan sesuatu yang lebih baik ).

 

 LEMBAR KERJA SISWA (  STUDENT’S WORKSHEET )

   TASK 1 ( TUGAS 1)

 Read the dialog and translate to Indonesian ( Baca dialog dan terjemahkan ke dalam bahasa Indonesia )

 Situation :

 Tono will participate the competition in Jakarta, Budi  want to express his hope .

Tono   : I will participate in the competition in Jakarta tomorrow.

Budi    : Good. I hope you will be the winner of the competition.

Tono   : Thank you Budi. I hope so . Wish me luck !.

Budi    : Of course . Good luck !

Tono   : Thank for your hope.

Budi    : You are welcome

 TASK 2 ( TUGAS 2 )

Make dialog by using the expression of hope /wish based on the situation given.

  ( Buatlah dialog dengan menggunakan ungkapan harapan berdasarkan situasi yang di berikan )

 1.     Situation : Fadel is going to partipate in the story telling competition. Dara shows          her hope that  Fadel will get a prize.

 2.    Situation :  Rania has just made a very beautiful handycraft from coconut leaf,                Chandra praises her craft and hope that she will win  the national competition.

 

 

 

 

 


VOCABULARIES ( DESKRIPSI MAKANAN )

  APPETIZING - MENGGUGAH SELESAR BLAND - HAMBAR/TANPA RASA BUTTERY = SEPERTI MENTEGA DELECTABLE - LEZAT SEKALI FLUFFY - LEMBUT DAN MENGEMBAN...