1.
LATIHAN
SOAL GREETING DAN LEAVE TAKING.
Find the correct answer by matching
the words!
|
A |
B |
|
1.
Good
morning 2.
See
you tomorrow. 3.
Good
night. 4.
How
are you? 5.
Bye.
6.
How
do you do? 7.
See
you later. 8.
Nice
to meet you. 9.
What
is your name? 10.
Where
do you live? |
a.
Good
bye. b.
My
name is Naufal. c.
Nice
to meet you too. d.
I
live in Jln M no 05. e.
Good
morning. f.
Good
night. g.
How
do you do? h.
I
am fine thanks. i.
See
you tomorrow. j.
See
you later. |
2.
Materi
pertemuan ke 3
EXPRESSION
OF THANKING AND APOLOGIZING.
a.
Expression
thanking and responses.
|
Expression Thanking |
Responses |
|
1.
I
want to thank you for... 2.
I
am really grateful for... 3.
I
want to tell you how really grateful I am for... 4.
I
am extremely grateful to you for.. 5.
Thank
you very much. 6.
Thank
you so much. 7.
Thanks
a lot. 8.
Thanks.
|
1.
You’re
welcome. 2.
That
is all right. 3.
That
is OK. 4.
It
is pleasure. 5.
It
is no trouble. 6.
It
is nothing. 7.
Not
at all 8.
Don’t
mention it. |
b.
Expression
apologizing.
|
Expression
apologizing |
Accepted
apologizing |
Refused
apologizing |
|
1.
I
apologize for my late arrival. 2.
I
really must apologize for disturbing your weekend. 3.
I
do apologize for the bad service. 4.
I’m
very sorry for the misunderstanding. 5.
I’m
very terrible sorry, I can’t meet you any longer. 6.
I
am sorry for misspelling. 7.
I’m
extremely sorry for the failure. |
1.
Okay
2.
That’s
all right. 3.
Forget
it. 4.
Don’t
worry about it 5.
It
doesn’t matter. |
1.
You
aren’t really sorry. 2.
Don’t
say you are sorry. 3.
I
can’t accept your apology 4.
I
am tired of hearing you saying sorry. |
Ø To express our gratitude we
can use the following expression;
1.
Thank
you
2.
Thank
you very much
3.
Thanks
a lot
4.
Thank
you for your help
5.
Thaks
for everything
6.
Thank
you for all your trouble
Ø To responses the expression
of gratitude, we can use the following expressions;
1.
You
are welcome
2.
Don’t
mention it
3.
That’s
all right