Thursday, September 12, 2024

Congratulations material and Exercise

 

                                       source image : https://www.winni.in/wishes/congratulations

Expression of Congratulations

Congratulations!

·                     I'm very happy of you!

·                     That's wonderful!

·                     Good for you!

·                     Best of luck!

·                     Well done!

·                     Fantastic job!

·                     You must be very happy with your achievement.

·                     I'd like to congratulate you on your accomplishment!

·                     Please accept my warmest congratulation

·                     I must congratulate you on your success!

·                     Happy Birthday

·                     Happy New Year

·                     Happy Eid Mubarak

·                     Happy Anniversary

·                     Let me congratulate you

·                     I would be the first to congratulate you on...

·                     I would like to congratulate you on

·                     Please accept mywarmest congratulations.

·                     May I congratulate you.

·                     It was great to hear about...

·                     Well done!

 Responds to Expresion of Congratulations

 ·                     It's very good of you to say so

·                     Thank you, I can't forget your help to me

·                     How nice of you to say so

·                     Thank you very much for saying so

·                     I'm glad you think so

·                     Oh, actually it's nothing special

·                     Oh, I have a lot to learn yet

·                     Oh, not really

·                     Oh, nothing to it, actually

·                     Oh thanks'

 

Contoh Dialog Expression of Congratulations

 Dialog 1

 Dina    : Hi, Yuni. What's your daughter doing these days? (Hai Yuni, apa yang anakmu lakukan akhir-akhir ini)

Yuni   : Oh, she's in college. In fact, she plans to graduate this june. (Oh, dia sedang kuliah. Faktanya, dia berencana untuk lulus pada juni ini)

Dina   : That's wonderful! You must be very proud of her. (itu luar biasa! kau pasti sangat bangga padanya)

 Dialog 2

 Rani      : Hi Anisa. (Hai Anisa)

Anisa   : Hi, you look great in that pink head scarf. What a nice scarf! (Hai, kau terlihat luar biasa dengan kerudung pink. kerudung yang sangat cantik)

Rani      : How nice of you to say that. (Baik sekali dirimu mengatakan itu)

 .Mr. Sultoni  :  Rani, I heard you won the Math Olympiad. Is it true? (Terima kasih banyak rani. Aku dengar kau memenangkan Olimpiade Matematika. Apakah itu benar?)

Rani            : Yes, I won the second prize last week. (Ya, aku memenangkan juara kedua minggu lalu)

Anisa           : She is good at it. (Dia yang terbaik di bidang itu)

Mr. Sultoni : I'm glad to hear that. (Aku senang mendengarnya)

Rani            : Thank you very much for saying so. (Terima kasih banyak untuk menagatakannya)

 Dialog 3

 Rudi : Hi Ben. How are you? (Hai Ben, apa kabarmu?)

Ben : Hi, you look great in that black jacket. (Kau terlihat luar biasa memakai jaket hitam,)

Rudi : Thank you for saying so. (Terima kasih karena mengatakan itu)

Dialog 4

 Rudi : Fantastic! It's a great job, bro! (Fantastis! Itu kerja bagus bro!)

Andi : Oh, thanks. It's nothing actually. (Oh terimakasih. Itu bukan apa apa)


 LEMBAR KERJA SISWA (  STUDENT’S WORKSHEET )

Task I

I.    Choose the best answer by crossing the letter A, B, C or D!

 1.   Situation:

Siti has just got the first prize in the “Bakiak race” to celebrate Indonesia Independence day.

Beni congratulates her.

What does Beni say to congratulate Siti?

 Beni     : ” ....”

Siti       : ”Thank you.”

 A.    Sure, Good luck                                           C.     Congratulate to Siti

 B.     Congratulations, Siti                                   D.    Thanks, I will do my best

 

2.      Dayu    : ”Who won the football match yesterday?”

         Udin    : ”Our team did. We won two to one.”

         Dayu   : ”Well done. ...”

         Udin    : ”Thank you.”

 

A.    I’m glad to hear that.                                  C.     That’s too bad

B.     I’m sorry.                                                   D.    You’re welcome

 

3.      Edo     : ”Happy birthday, Lia.”

         Lia       : ”Thank you Edo. You are the first who congratulate me.”

         Edo     : ”Oh really? Here is a little present for you. I hope you like it.”

         Lia       : ”Thank you very much. You are really my best friend.”

        Why does Edo give Lia a present?

 

A.    Because Lia likes present.                      C.     Because today Dayu’s birthday.

B.     Because Edo has a lot of money.          D.    Because Lia is celebrating her birthday today.

 The following text is for questions 4 and 5.

 Dear Esther

 CONGRATULATIONS

 Ever since I heard about your success as the first winner of singing contest of AKSIOMA. I know how long and how hard you practiced. We are all very proud of you. We wish you all the best in pursuing your dream to be a popular singer some day.

 Rudy

 Chair person of Class 9 A

 4.  The text above shows that . . .

A. the writer is one of the contestants                C. Esther is the best student
B. Esther is the best singer
                                 D. Rudy is Esther's special friend

 5.      The text is for . . . of AKSIOMA

A. the best student                                              C. the best teacher
B. the best singer
                                                D. the best graduate student

 

 

 


VOCABULARIES ( DESKRIPSI MAKANAN )

  APPETIZING - MENGGUGAH SELESAR BLAND - HAMBAR/TANPA RASA BUTTERY = SEPERTI MENTEGA DELECTABLE - LEZAT SEKALI FLUFFY - LEMBUT DAN MENGEMBAN...